Donate Your Gear Today!
Help us equip the world of conservation! Are you looking to put your old gear to work? We can get your new or pre-owned equipment into the hands of dedicated conservationists across the globe who need it most.
Our partners in Ecuador, Mexico, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, and across the United States need all sorts of equipment from cameras, field gear, computers, and more to protect our wildlife and wild spaces. And let us know if you’d like to receive a tax-deduction for your contribution!
We accept a wide range of gear donations to support the wildlife conservation efforts of our partners. And while there’s some gear that may not end up being usable in the field, whatever we cannot use will be sold to support our mission or responsibly recycled.
Please send any of the following gear to:
- Smartphones: Any that are less than five years old;
- GPS units;
- Veterinary equipment: surgical, devices, tranquilizer dart guns, etc.;
- Tree climbing and expedition gear;
- Boots, rain jackets, etc.;
- Cameras (SEE SECTION BELOW): SLRs, mirrorless, action cams/GoPro cameras; digital video cameras (none with tapes), Underwater camera gear;
- Backpacks and camera bags;
- Camera traps;
- Studio lighting and sets;
- Hard drives 500GB or larger;
- Tripods, batteries, and other camera accessories;
- Two-way radios;
- Field audio loggers (i.e., AudioMoth) and quality digital recorders;
- Camping gear;
- Spotting scopes;
- Animal tracking equipment (i.e., GPS satellite trackers, VHF transmitters);
- 3 remote field weather stations;
- Nanopore DNA sequencer kit; and
- Others – Contact us before sending
Cameras for Conservation
For cameras – we accept current Digital SLRs and mirrorless cameras and through our partnership with Tempe Camera Repair we can even accept some that need to be serviced or repaired. Please include batteries and charger if possible. Accessories like flashes and lenses are accepted if in good working condition and fit current mounts.
Film SLRs and accessories are also accepted as long as they are in good working condition, but we do NOT accept Fuji or Sony film cameras, or Polaroids. Note that we are able to service and repair a few models such as: Canon AE-1 and AE-Program models, but not the A-1; Nikon FM, FE, FM2, and FTN, Minolta SRT 101, 201, etc.
If you have camera gear to donate, please email us FIRST with the make and model of the donation and mention if you’d like a donation receipt. You can then ship them to our partner Tempe Camera Repair who handles all our incoming camera donations (ONLY camera and camera-related items) at the following address: