and Private Sessions
Custom Workshops and Private Sessions
Your group can reserve a macro-photography workshop with a custom curriculum. Our 1-4 day workshops use a hands-on approach with live animals to teach the principles of fine-art, scientific, and stock photography.
Your curriculum may include:
- Animal handling and posing techniques
- Taking diagnostic photographs from which an animal’s species can be identified
- Flash techniques for obtaining ideal depth of field and creative lighting effects
- DSLR Video Techniques
- How to find “the creative angle” to bring out the personality of animals in photographs
- Photographing animals with a landscape in focus
- Lightroom photo catalog management and editing
- Marketing your images
Workshops are led by Paul S. Hamilton, PhD, a field biologist and accomplished wildlife photographer. Workshops are given in Tucson, Arizona, near Saguaro National Park, or we will come to your venue. Prices start at $150/person/day, depending on location and group size.
Contact us today to book a workshop or private session.
“An incredible, breathtaking experience. . .a trip of a lifetime that I hope to repeat!”
“A truly mind-blowing experience. I will never forget it and skills that I learned have kicked my photography up into another level.”
“A breathtaking experience for anybody ready for a challenge in exchange of being allowed to ‘focus on life overlooked’.”